** As you may be aware, step therapy, or “fail first” legislation, A.2834D (Titone) / S.3419C (Young), passed the NYS Senate and Assembly in the final week of the Legislative Session. Please take the time to call Governor Cuomo at 518-474-8390 and urge him to sign this legislation into law, as it’s in the best interest of New York patients and providers! Click here for more information on step therapy.
- Congressman Tom Price, President-elect Trump’s choice to run the Health and Human Services department traded in substantial shares of health-related companies while at the same time advocating legislation that could affect those same companies.
- Approximately 4 million people have signed up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act, a jump of around 400,000 people over last year.
- Senate Democrats, in response to Trump’s statements that Roe V Wade will be overturned during his Administration, plan to introduce a bill updating New York’s abortion laws.
- Governor Cuomo this week announced a new regulation that prohibits insurance companies from denying coverage to businesses that hire formerly incarcerated New Yorkers.
- The Department of Education will re-test nearly 1,500 city school buildings for lead, beginning this winter.
- Mayor de Blasio this week launched the GetCoveredNYC initiative to help enroll more New Yorkers in health care under the Affordable Care Act.
- Click here for upcoming meetings, hearings and events from the state Department of Health.