Beating the Coronavirus
In these unprecedented times, America’s biopharmaceutical companies are coming together to achieve one shared goal: the eradication of COVID-19. The decades-long investments we made in new technology, research and treatments have prepared us to act swiftly:
- We are rapidly screening our vast global libraries of medicines to identify potential treatments and have numerous clinical trials underway to test new and existing therapies
- We are dedicating our top scientists and using our investments in new technologies to speed the development of safe and effective vaccines
- We are sharing the learnings from clinical trials in real time with governments and other companies to advance the development of additional therapies
- We are expanding our unique manufacturing capabilities and sharing available capacity to ramp up production once a successful medicine or vaccine is developed
- We are collaborating with government agencies, hospitals, doctors and others to donate supplies and medicines to help those affected around the world
- We are working with governments and insurers to ensure that when new treatments and vaccines are approved they will be available and affordable for patients
PhRMA member companies are working around the clock to research and develop new vaccines and treatments, as well as testing existing medicines to help those infected with the virus. In addition, our companies are committed to supporting health care workers who are on the frontlines and communities around the world affected by COVID-19.
To see a snapshot of how our companies are contributing beyond testing, research and development click here and stay up to date by following www.phrma.org/coronavirus.