Your Weekly Dose of Health September 30, 2016
** Please join us on October 5th in Times Square for Beyond Pink: Sharing our Metastatic Breast Cancer Story Launches Educational Video and Photo Booth. This educational video booth provides tailored information and resources, specific to the metastatic breast cancer (MBC) community, to broaden the breast cancer conversation and be more inclusive of MBC. Click here for more information.
** As you may be aware, step therapy, or “fail first” legislation, A.2834D (Titone) / S.3419C (Young), passed the NYS Senate and Assembly in the final week of the Legislative Session. Please take the time to call Governor Cuomo at 518-474-8390 and urge him to sign this legislation into law, as it’s in the best interest of New York patients and providers! Click here for more information on step therapy.
- Democratic Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton this week penned an article for the New England Journal of Medicine that outlines her vision for healthcare under a Clinton Administration. Donald Trump was invited to write an article too, but he declined.
- Congress passed budget legislation to avoid a government shutdown, which included $1.1 billion to combat the Zika Virus. The bill funds the government through December 9th.
- The CDC advised pregnant women against traveling to 11 countries in Southeast Asia due to concerns about the Zika virus.
- According to an article in Reuters, a flawed CDC report left children in Indiana potentially exposed to lead poisoning.
- The World Health Organization released a report this week that says that 92 percent of people breathe bad air due to atmospheric pollution.
- New York City is set to study the feasibility of supervised injection sites, designated places where addicts can use drugs under medical supervision.